Saturday, September 29, 2018

My Brother Got a Bib for Boston!

My younger brother, Matthew, received a bib for Boston! He has finished two marathons and is tapering for his third in a few weeks. Here is his Facebook announcement:

"Today I am pleased to share with the world that I will be running the 123rd Boston Marathon in 2019! I was recently accepted through the Boston Marathon's charity program, specifically on the Dreamfar High School Marathon (DHSM) Team.

"To donate to my fundraising page and learn more about DHSM, click this link:

"To say that I am excited is an understatement. As many of you know, my older brother Kenny is an avid runner and has ran the Boston Marathon six times. To be able to run the same prestigious race as him while also raising funds for a very worthy charity makes me feel very humbled, excited, and many other emotions I'm still processing as I write this.

"One of my main reasons for supporting this charity is that DHSM is the only high school marathon program in New England and welcomes students of all abilities and backgrounds. Over the years they have served students struggling due to gender identity issues; autism, learning disabilities, and social phobias; severe depression; homelessness, as well as the overwhelming stress to achieve success in the classroom. DHSM offers students a judgment-free, non-competitive environment in which they can test their physical, social, and emotional limits. DHSM stresses completion not competition encouraging all students to do their personal best.

"There will be a lot of work ahead, both mentally, and physically, and this will be the first time I have ever fundraised for a race or on this scale.

"I will share much more about my training, fundraising and special events to reach my goal, but in the meantime, please consider supporting my effort by donating to my individual fundraising page and/or sharing with any family/friends who may be interested in supporting the cause as well.

"Thank you family and friends for your support, and see you at Boston in 2019! #Ames2RunBoston"

Below is an excerpt of his racing resume beginning with the marathons:

• Earth Rock Run, 26.2M, 4/27/14, 04:07:55

• Bay State Marathon, 26.2 Miles, 10/19/14, 04:05:05

• Bay State Marathon, 26.2 Miles, 10/21/18, TBD

• Black Cat 10M and 20M, 20M, 3/1/14, 02:45:40

• Green Stride Newburyport Half Marathon, 13.1M, 10/20/13, 01:42:49

• Happy Holidays Half Merrython, 13.1M, 12/8/13, 01:41:38

• Parker River Half Marathon, 13.1M, 7/8/18, 02:11:16

• Yankee Homecoming 10M, 7/30/13, 01:30:53

• Bourque Family Foundation 7.7K, 7.7K, 6/9/18, 00:50:02

No comments:

Post a Comment