Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Running Through My Dreams

I had a dream last night that I was about to finish the Philadelphia Marathon in 3:09 which would give me time to spare to qualify me for Boston, but I couldn't find the finish line. I was getting really scared and annoyed because the seconds kept ticking by and I was at the end of the race, but I just couldn't cross the finish because it wasn't there. That was the fun dream I had last night - it was nice that I can dream that I will do well, so that's a plus.

On the plus side, my friends qualified for Boston with some strong running this weekend at Chicago. I am happy for them and jealous at the same time. I'm jealous because I'm frustrated I have not qualified yet. I think I've done the work, but it hasn't all come together yet. I have some great shorter distance times: 1:28:54 half and 66:21 10 miler on a hilly course. I should be able to do a 3:10 marathon.

Today I ran a solid 12 with 4 at tempo. I did 2 with Sammy to warm up and then did another 2, then 4 at tempo (27:40 total) and then 4 cool down. I ran to the Zoo and looped back - the hardest part is the hill at the end going up Rock Creek to Calvert and Connecticut. I was at 3.5 miles and gave equal effort up the hill, but it's a killer. I have to remember that I live by so many hills so my times will be a bit slower than they should be but I should not grow discouraged by this.

No comments:

Post a Comment